It is both a curse and a blessing to feel something so deeply.
The entire day I felt jittery, a strong nervousness that made me feel sick in the stomach but I knew I had to eat cos if not, I won't be able to work.
After that, I sat at my desk, my head was ready to gei in the game. There was just one problem. Nothing felt right. The paper was suddenly too big, the pencil too blunt, the chair too hard, the sentence too long. I couldn't focus at all.
I decided to take a walk, went into the pantry, made myself a cup of coffee. Then i sat down at my desk again, all gung-ho to prepare for me lesson. Once again, something was still not right. I figured i should try something else. So I started doing my powerpoint presentation but all I could manage is to copy and paste some diagrams from the website. Nothing I read is making sense.
By then, it was already dinner time. A colleague came by my room to grab some food but the thought of eating only made me nauseous. I distracted myself with more work. Matthew's lesson had to be perfect and time is running out. Pat entered the room to discuss our page and when i turned to look at the time, it was almost seven. There was nothing else to do but setup the laptop to the flat screen and wait for the lesson to start.
My heart was still racing as he stepped into the class but the show must go on.. no matter how horrible it may turn out. That poor fella had to sit through 90 minutes of mostly ramblings and questions that didn'n make much sense. It was a good thing he that he always had thoughts and ideas to share, not to mention a good sense of humor. Having said that, it didn't change the fact that i had screwed up big time. After what seemed like forever, the class ended.
As we walked out of the office, I could feel the anger and disappointment i felt for myself but they still couldn't mask the unsettling emotions inside. Every step i took got heavier, my heart sank a little bit more. What the hell is wrong with me?! So i sat at the bus stop. It only arrived an hour later. That was when i saw the post. It didn't shock me neither did it saddened me. It just made me numb. I read and reread the post and finally i felt something. It was an irritation tinged with sarcasm clouded with concern. I just had to drop a comment. I got on the bus and that's when i was overcome with sadness.
Then I got myself thinking.. is this it? Is this the reason behind the internal chaos that I had to go through today?
If it is, I can't say that this is the first time. The last time I felt this uneasy was when a colleague had a motorcycle accident. In fact, this "bad feeling" i get, it is something that i have learn to live with.
I remember when I was younger, I told mama about it. She said it was nothing, the feelings will go away.. but it didn't. It comes and goes as it pleases and more often than not, it came along bearing bad news. It isn't always that obvious though. Sometimes it can be extremely overwhelming but i would hear no bad news at all. Those are the days that made me hopeful, that it is nothing more than just a feeling, like mama said. But days later, i would have it again.
I tried talking to other people about it. Most says that I'm overexaggerating while the rest looked at me like Iwas lying. So I stopped talking about it. Until today, I still have no idea why i get these bad feelings. It is not like I can help anyone by giving them a heads up. I don't know who it will happen to. I'll usually call up my family just to make sure that they're fine. Sometimes they are but sometimes they aren't. If there really is a connection between my feelings and those incident or not, I don't think I can ever be sure.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Just a feeling or maybe more?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment