My mind went back to the day you whisk me away. Just about an hour to escape the world we know. To tell you the truth, I was reluctant to follow. When it comes to working with you, it's easy because I know (or at least find out) how to get the job done. put that aside and I absolutely have no idea what we are. you were eager but you were also as careful with me as I you. you made sure that we got close yet still at arms length. there were moments of vulnerability but you quickly changed the subject.
And I.. I sat there, indulging as ever and yet cautious of every word I say. I didn't want to scare you away again. There were a lot of things that you shared with me that day, bits and pieces of your life and I tried to grasp every word for the fear I might miss or worse forget them. I felt that the stories were personal, they were things that you don't talk about every day, or was I wrong? Perhaps it was just me. I am certainly not an open book. the world is too dangerous a place for such things. Maybe it's different for you.
To me, that day was a way for you to tell someone that "hey, I am not ok and I'm not sure how to fix it".
and babe, it is absolutely fine not to be ok. you tell me that the things you used to love doing no longer excite you. It is a sad thing yet relatable. I guess that's the price of adulthood. I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. Alas, that is not my purpose here. I am just a place for you to show the side you choose not to show the world. You can put down the mask for a little while, long enough to take a long deep breath before we return to reality.
I didn't want it to end. As you pull the brakes, the spell is broken and we go on living separate lives again.
She, on the other hand, has an entirely different role. She is one to make you smile and remind you of all the wonderful things the world can offer. She is a person you are probably not embarrassed to be seen with in public. Perhaps it is my curse to bear, this role I play in people's lives. A closet where you hide your skeletons.
No comments:
Post a Comment